Thursday, November 30, 2006

Privet Dancer

PRIVET DANCER
(with apologies to Tina Turner)
by Weird Alice Lancrevic

All the folk come to my forest
Their requests are never grand
They know that I'm the poorest
Hedge wizard in the land

Mostly, customers are human
Now and then, a dwarf or troll
I put my show on to please 'em
Keeping myself off the dole

I'm your privet dancer, a dancer for magic
Brew any potion for you
I'm your privet dancer, I'm rural and tragic
And any old hedgerow will do...

I want to live a life more thrilling
I wanna live out by the Rim
Eating pies with tasty fillings
Yeah, my pointy hat could use a brim

All the folk come to my forest
Desperation brings them in
Here comes another chorus
So here's your medicine

I'm your privet dancer, a dancer for magic
Spell-casting only for you
I'm your privet dancer, no shambles or gadgets
But any old hedgerow will do...

Don't want Ankh dollars
A flannel full of cress will do nicely, thank you!
Play my parts just like Vitoller
Tell me, do you wanna see me read your future again?

I'm your privet dancer...


** NOTE:
original lyrics for Private Dancer can be found at:
http://www.lyricsdepot.com/tina-turner/private-dancer.html
or http://tinyurl.com/yfb16a

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.